2. How much is shipping?
- We are happy to extend free shipping for orders over $100 shipping within the US. (pre-tax and shipping). Please note we are NOT responsible for delayed, lost or stolen packages.
All other domestic orders:
- $5.50 flat economy shipping fee (USPS First class mail with delivery confirmation).
- $12.00 Priority Shipping (USPS 2-3 day Priority with delivery confirmation).
International: (we are not shipping international at this time)
- Package Value .01-$400: $20 flat fee, Usps first class
- Package Value .01-$900: $42.00 flat fee Usps priority mail
- Receiver is responsible for knowing and paying all custom and duty fees. Once the package leaves the United States we are no longer able to track. Mimi & Lu is not responsible for packages lost or delayed in transit.
3.What is your return/exchange policy?
- Due to the handmade, custom nature of the jewelry, we do not accept exchanges or returns. Should you find your jewelry does not meet your expectations, please contact us within 5 days of receiving the piece to discuss whether we can alter the piece to make work for you. We always want you to walk away with something that feels special and perfect for you! You must have an RA# to exchange any item. Items sent without authorization will not be accepted. Items must be returned in same packaging, unworn and free of perfumes, scents or other defects. We cannot accommodate any exchanges of sized rings, custom, sale or personalized/stamped items.
4. Is my information kept private?
- You can buy with confidence knowing that we guarantee your information will never be sold or shared with third parties. Additionally, all payment information submitted to mimi & lu remains secure and with our secure Shopify or PayPal check out system, we never see your credit card informations.
5. How will my jewelry arrive?
- Your jewelry will arrive packaged securely in a padded envelope or box.
6. What Materials do you use? What does ‘Gold fill’ mean?
- Mimi & Lu primarily uses Sterling Silver or Gold fill wire, chain and findings. These materials, if cared for properly, will last for years to come. If another metal is used- it will always be clearly indicated in the description and is often used as an accent. Most frames are handmade and in many cases hammered by hand. Semi precious stones, Swarovski crystals, and metal findings finish off the piece. Gold fill is created by taking a sheet of 12K or 14K gold and bonding it through extreme heat and pressure to a core of semiprecious metal. Do not confuse Gold fill with gold plate! Gold fill has 100 times the amount of gold as gold plate. (literally!)
7. What about ring size?
- Many of the handmade rings are difficult to get to an exact size. We suggest indicating a size to the half size (6, 6.5,7,etc) and we will do our best to accommodate. If the size options are small, medium, or large the range for that is as follows: SM- 4-6, MED 6-8, LG 8-10- and your ring will arrive sized between the range indicated.
8. Is the full collection available online?
- Since the line is always changing and growing we aren’t able to list the full collection online. If you can’t find something that you saw listed on our site in the past, simply email and describe the piece to us an in many cases it is still something that can be put into production for you.
9. Can I change a stone? Ask for a Customized length or different type of clasp?
Yes! The great part of ordering handmade jewelry, is that ours is made to order so we can tweak the pieces to your liking. Just include your request in your email and we will let you know if it can be done and if there will be any change of price. Custom work is always a final sale.
10. PLEASE NOTE:
Mimi & Lu jewelry is not intended for children under the age of 14.
How to clean and care for your mimi & lu
Mimi & Lu uses quality materials and advanced techniques to increase the jewelry’s stability and longevity. However, handmade jewelry can be delicate so a little extra care will go a long way and can increase the life span of your pieces.
- Always remove jewelry before swimming and bathing. Apply perfumes and creams well before putting on your jewelry.
- Store jewelry either lying down flat or hanging straight to prevent kinks and tangles. Sterling Silver and occasionally, Gold fill can tarnish over time and quicker depending on skin, environmental and lifestyle circumstances. It is best to store your jewelry in an air tight container such as the small plastic baggies that come with your pieces.
- To clean your jewelry, use a jewelry polishing cloth or pads. You can also rub with warm sudsy water (use a gentle household soap, such as liquid dove) using a cloth or very soft toothbrush. This will help with hard to reach or small nooks and crannies. For items without stones, brass or plated pieces, you can purchase a gold or silver jewelry cleaner. We suggest Connoisseurs Cleaners found at your local drug store.